You can set up the metronome to sync across all devices on the same wifi network. Ableton Link will sync the tempo for anyone who enables the link on the same wifi network, even across different plans or Service Types.
If you have two different ministries in your church that want to use metronome sync at the same time, they will need to be on different wifi networks.
How Sync Works
Once the link settings are enabled:
- The Sync button and beat circles turn blue.
- If start/stop is enabled, the play button turns blue.
- If you are the leader, you see a blue star.
Click the play button in the upper left corner to start the metronome.
If you are the metronome leader:
- Changes you make to tempo will be immediately synced to other connected devices.
- When you start or stop the metronome, other devices listening for start/stop commands will start or stop.
- When you flip pages to a new song, the tempo of the new song will be immediately sent to everyone.
If you are having issues with the sync, you can check latency settings and connected apps in the Metronome settings.
- If your metronome is sounding a little earlier or later than other devices, you can check the latency and shift the beat.
- Check to make sure that all Link-enabled apps for the session are connected.