The default setting for Music Stand is dark mode, so musicians can use it during service without a light coming from their device; however, you can switch it to light mode anytime. You can also invert the colors on your iOS device so that your PDF files also display in dark mode.
Change to Dark or Light Mode
From the Order of Service, tap the sun to switch to light mode.
To switch back to dark mode, tap the moon.
Invert Color Shortcut
You can invert colors on your iOS device to switch all whites to black, blacks to white, and all other colors in-between. You can enable this setting to invert the color of your chord charts so that they are even darker in when Music Stand is in dark mode.
This setting applies to the whole device, but you can set up a shortcut to make it easy to enable it after you launch Music Stand and disable it when you're done.
To set up the shortcut:
- Open the Settings App on your device.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Tap on Accessibility Shortcut.
- Enable Classic Invert Colors.
To enable/disable color inversion, triple-click the home button on an iPad or side-button for a phone.
If you enable more than one shortcut, you'll have to choose which one to invoke each time you triple-click. To make it faster, only enable one shortcut.
You can also add a shortcut to control center.
Add a Shortcut to Control Center
- In the the Settings app, tap on Control Center.
- Tap on Customize Controls.
- Tap on the + icon next to Accessibility Shortcuts to move it to the Include section.
After the shortcut is enabled, run the shortcut:
- Swipe to reveal Control Center.
- iPhone X or later: Swipe down from the top right of your screen.
- iPhone 8 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of your screen.
- iPad: Swipe down from the top right corner.
- Tap the Accessibility icon.
- Tap Invert Colors or Classic Invert.