Music Stand allows you to control page turns, the metronome, and audio player using a bluetooth foot pedal or midi device. Most foot pedals should be compatible without requiring any special support or updates to Music Stand.
Connect the Pedal or Keyboard to your iPad
- If you need to plug a USB keyboard or foot pedal into your iPad, you can use the USB to Dock connector included in Apple's iPad Camera Connector Kit, available for about $30 on their online store.
- To connect a Bluetooth device, you need to enable Bluetooth and pair your device. You can set this in General Settings.
- If your pedal is programmable, we recommend setting it to use the "f" and "b" keys for forward and back, respectively.
- For the STOMP Pedal: Go to the Music Stand Settings section to set up the pedals Left and Right buttons to the Page Left/Back and Page Right/Forward. Check out this video for more tips on setting up the STOMP pedal.
The iPad cannot recognize some keys from some input devices, such as "Page up" or "Page down", because they are not ordinary letters or numbers. To see what keys correspond to your pedals, you can open up the Notes app on your iPad, and start pressing pedals.
Configure Pedal Input
The iPad cannot recognize some keys from input devices, such as Page up or Page down, because they are not ordinary letters or numbers.
- To see what keys correspond to your pedals, you can open up the Notes app on your iPad, and start pressing pedals.
- If your pedal is programmable, set it to use the f and b keys for forward and back, respectively.
If you have paired your bluetooth pedal to your tablet but are finding it difficult to turn the pages, your pedal may be on the wrong Mode or Profile. Check your pedal's documentation on how to change the mode in order for your pedal to be able to turn pages in Music Stand.
Customize Music Stand
To customize Music Stand to turn pages when you hit different keys than the default up/down arrows, tap Settings from the sidebar.
Scroll to the Pedal & Keyboard Input to choose the controls.
Set the controls by tapping an action then pressing the key or pedal you want to assign to that action.
- Advance to the next page in PDF view.
- Go back to the previous page in PDF view.
- Start or stop the Audio Player.
- Start or stop the Metronome.