Connect a Bluetooth foot pedal, keyboard or MIDI Device to Music Stand to enable hands-free page turning.
- The AirTurn Pedals (BT-105 or PED) comes already set up to work with Music Stand with no extra setup necessary other than pairing it with your Bluetooth Settings.
- The PageFlip Pedals (Cicada & Firefly) have 5 buttons to choose what characters to use. Choose button 3 for up/down.
- You can also use any other bluetooth pedal or keyboard without any extra setup by using the up arrow to go to the previous page, and the down arrow to go to the next page.
For more information on hardware to use with Music Stand, check out this lesson: Hardware for iPad Music Stand.
Access In-App Settings for Customization
If you'd like to customize Music Stand to turn pages when you hit different keys than the default up/down arrows:
- Open the sidebar
- Tap Settings
Choose Pedal, Keyboard or MIDI
Pedal, Keyboard & MIDI Settings
Pedal controls are set when you select an action in Music Stand's settings and then press the key or pedal
- Next Page - Advance to the next page in PDF view
- Previous Page - Go back to the previous page in PDF view
- Toggle Metronome - Start or stop the Metronome
- Toggle Audio Player - Start or stop the Audio Player
Troubleshooting Bluetooth Pedal Connections
If you have paired your bluetooth pedal to your iPad, but are finding it difficult to turn the pages, it may be because your pedal is on the wrong "Mode" or "Profile". Be sure to check your pedal's documentation on how to change the mode in order for your pedal to be able to turn pages in Music Stand. You can also verify by tapping "Pedal & Keyboard Input" and follow the same instructions shown above for the MIDI Settings.
You may also want to take a look at these Support websites for the following products: