Each song has its own tempo and meter, so the metronome changes as you switch songs. Turn on a visual Flash to see the beat peripherally.
From the toolbar, select the metronome icon.
The toolbar will give new options for the metronome.
- Use the play icon to start or Stop the metronome. It will continue even if you close the toolbar or the app and will change settings as you change songs.
- Circles appear for each beat in the chosen meter and pulsate when the metronome is playing.
- Tap the tempo of the song to view the popup metronome.
- Change the meter of the song by tapping it and choosing from a dropdown list.
- Tap to make the entire blue toolbar flash to the beat, which is useful if you keep the toolbar visible at all times, and especially if you don't want to be staring at your music all the time.
- Close the Metronome toolbar and return to the regular toolbar.
If you close the toolbar without stopping the metronome, the metronome will continue to keep the beat.
When you tap the tempo on the metronome toolbar, you can adjust the tempo, volume, and sound options.
Use the play button to start the metronome, or tap other icons to make other changes.
- Circles appear for each beat in the chosen meter and pulsate when the metronome is playing. This matches the toolbar.
- Tap to turn on sub-divided 16th notes, which is helpful for slower tempos.
- Tap to double the speed of the metronome sound. When on, a song at 60bpm will sound like 120bpm.
- Rotate the tempo wheel to adjust the speed of your song. Rotating quickly will adjust the tempo in whole numbers and moving slowly will allow you to adjust in decimals.
- Tap the center of the metronome to the beat of the song, and the tempo will be calculated.
- Adjust the volume of the audio player and metronome, and change what sounds the metronome uses.
- Set the meter of the current song.
- If you have high enough Services permissions, you can save your changes to the arrangement or reset the settings to the default.
From the popup metronome, select the volume icon (#6) to adjust the sound.
- Adjust the Metronome or Audio Player volumes in relation to each other if you are trying to play audio and the metronome at the same time and are having a hard time hearing one over the other. These do not adjust the device volume.
- Choose which type of sound the metronome should use
- Uncheck to prevent the metronome from playing the downbeats louder than the sub-beats.